- 1 ހިޔާލު
- 2 Maybe an un-noticed prob...
- 3 About Keeping Bismi On our New Main Page
- 4 Bismi has been Removed
- 5 The New Main Page, uploaded on 13th February 2006
- 6 Regarding the "Bismi" thing...
- 7 The New Main Page
- 8 the technology link on the main page...
- 9 News and Information Bar
- 10 Suggestions
- 11 About News
- 12 Biography or Community??
- 13 Amazing Work Guys
- 14 How About an article with full knowladge
- 15 Idioma-bot
- 16 Bot command translations
- 17 މައި ޞަފްޙާގައި އިތުރު ލިންކްތައް ބެހެއްޓުން
- 18 Sinhala on Main Page
- 19 Tana Alphabet
- 20 Devanagari Alphabet
- 21 ހިޔާލެއް
- 22 Proposal to close Divehi Wiktionary
- 23 Small request
- 24 Articles that need Dhivehi versions
- 25 އިމްލާ ކުށެއް
- 26 Invite to WikiConference India 2011
- 27 Configuration for mobile Wikipedia
- 28 en:wikt:Appendix:Indo-Iranian Swadesh lists (extended)
- 29 multiscript collaboration
ވިންޑޯސްގެ ޑީފޯލްޓް ތާނަ ފޮންޓް 'ބޮލި" ފޮންޓުން ލިޔުންތައް ޑިސްޕްލޭވާތީ ވަރަށް ބޮލަށް އުނދަގޫ ވޭ. އެނޫން ފޮންޓަކަށް ބަދަލުކޮށްލަން ވީނު
މިކަން ކޮށްދެވޭނެ އެއްވެސް މީހަކު ނެއްތަ؟
- Will try to do something about this in the near future. Glaisher (talk) 14:22, 23 އެޕްރީލް 2014 (MVT)--
Maybe an un-noticed prob...[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
THE LINKED IMAGES HAVE BEEN DELETED AS THE PROBLEM WAS SOLVED!!
About Keeping Bismi On our New Main Page[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Good work people. I do have a comment about the layout. As of now, I see bismi placed on top. Placing bismi gives the impression that wikipedia is aligning itself with a certain faith. It is crucial not to pick sides and some wikipedians (wikipedia is a global project, remember? Even if its written in Dhivehi) may find this offensive. I have had a look at other wikis such as Arabic Wikipedia and others. They do appear to follow neutrality.
--Oblivious 09:45, 11 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
- Oblivious is right. Its important to remain impartial and objective when you are working
on something that is multinational and cultural. Just like any other Wikipedia this one should not pick any religious (or political) allegiance. Try to follow convention as he pointed, even the Arabic Wikipedia does not commence in the name of God. And oh, Oblivious, pick a Dhivehi username. ރަނގަޅުވާނެ "ތަންދޮރުނޭނގޭ" ނުވަތަ "ގަމާރު".
For non-Oblivious readers, thats not a personal, thats not a personal attack. Just a joke he can relate to.
--ފިޒާން 10:21, 11 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
Maybe you guys are right!!
--Glacious 10:30, 11 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
This is a project which is run by a 100% muslim country and thus the bismi should be there. we dnt care abt arabic wiki or any other, we are muslims and we need bismi for a successful project, thereby i say we keep the bismi as it is!!! thnx
--LeX 18:39, 11 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry to burst your bubble LeX, but I think you are being naïve by concluding this country is 100% moslem. We don't allow any other religions to co-exist with Islam but that doesn't mean practitioners of other relgions don't exist. I see that you choose to ignore convention rather than follow it, which is not the ideal thing to do. As for the matter of the Bismi, I do believe in divine blessing to an extent, but I personally think its irrelevant that someone begins something by verbally (or in this case, graphically) praying to God for His blessing. I am sure you'll agree with me when you get my drift.. when somebody eats, they don't (usually) verbally say out "In the name of God, the merciful, the beneficent" now do they? But that doesn't mean they are any less grateful for the food or ignoring God as long as they acknowledge Him in their hearts. Right? Sorry if the text is screwed up, but do any of you guys know how to properly type in English over here?
--ފިޒާން 07:43, 12 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
okay... this is not a project of my own, so lets remove it and make everone happy ;) sry abt the mess fizan...
--LeX 10:40, 12 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
Bismi has been Removed[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Ya, i removed the image!
--Glacious 11:44, 13 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
The New Main Page, uploaded on 13th February 2006[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
I've uploaded the new Main page today. If anyone wants to make a new change or give ideas please feel free to write it on this page. This is a new Beginning of a New Dhivehi Wiki. Many Thanks and Credits to IaN and LeX.
--Glacious 11:44, 13 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
Regarding the "Bismi" thing...[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
I still do not support the idea of bismi being removed off the main page just because this project is a neutral project. All native dhivehi speakers are muslims... i dun c anything wrong with starting the main page with bismi...
--IaN 12:11, 13 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
- There are some practicioners of other faiths on Minikoy(މަލިކު)
The New Main Page[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
The new main page is great guys. That's really a great work you've done. You guys deserve a barn star or some thing for your hard work,. LeX, Ian and Glacious, Nice start!! A relly good beginning. Specially u, IaN!!
i dont think we need that technology portal link on the main page, it kinda takes space with no proper aticle about it.. and also due to those links the page alignment is lost... if we could remove one portal link from that and maybe put it somewhere else.. it might be better... im sure tha main page would look much better that way...wat do u guys think?
--LeX 21:50, 16 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
- Though we don't need that link may be we will need it in the future. So we better keep it!
--Glacious 00:00, 17 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
News and Information Bar[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
I was thinkin of u know, giving a link to the details of the news headings. like i've done today. How does it look?
--No onelse 02:40, 23 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
- And Better Keep the records of which user updated the news bar in the more news link in the main page.
--No onelse 02:44, 23 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
- Thats a good idea, no_onelse! Maybe we can use the records in the future.
--LeX 09:22, 23 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
ވަރަށް ސަޅި ފުރުތަމަ ސަފްޙާ މިހާރު. Guys, the Coat of Arms displayed here looks very unsightly compared to the rest of the page. I strongly suggest you to use this one instead. http://en.bywiki.com/wiki/Image:MaldivesNationalEmblem.png Its a custom-made version I just uploaded onto the English Wikipedia. If you guys need the vector version (EPS or COREL) let me know, that is if you want to upload an SVG Image (which is kinda tough though ideal). I am glad at least some of you have consented to remove the Bismi, as an online encyclopedia is really not the right place to proclaim one's faith, especially the authors' (people will think we Maldivians are too self-centric eh?). As for the Islamic Center image, see if this suits better. I took it with a friend late one night during last Ramadan. http://en.bywiki.com/wiki/Image:Mosque_Maldives.JPG Grr... is there anyway I can write in English with the orientation being completely screwed up? --ފިޒާން 13:30, 23 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
އަދި އެއް ހުށައެޅުން އެބައޮތް. އާ ވިކިޕީޑިއާ ލޯގޯއެއް ފަރުމާކުރަންވީއެއްނު؟ The Thaana inscription kinda looks vertically squashed.--ފިޒާން 13:34, 23 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
- Thats a great idea!! Thanks!! But creating a new log maybe it wont be an easy work. We'l ask other users. Thanks!!
--Glacious 16:11, 23 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
About News[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
I don't think we have enough news headlines, do we??
--No onelse 16:04, 23 ފެބުރުވަރީ 2007 (UTC)
Biography or Community??[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Hello! Shall we change the (Mujuthamau) tab in the main page to biographies??
--Glacious 08:04, 1 މޭ 2007 (UTC)
Amazing Work Guys[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Dur to unavailability of time for me to contribute this wiki, i havent contributed in months. But am amazed to see a new main page and more than 500 articles. I will contribute as i get the time.
--XeseX 11:35, 11 މޭ 2007 (UTC)
How About an article with full knowladge[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
i guess we can take an article with full of knowladge and looks more scientific like the article i had contributed on maternal discomforts during pregnancy! This is an idea! There are some more articles like that! I hope you guys would like to response to my idea! thanks Khazaanaa 23:20, 24 މޭ 2007 (UTC)
- I agree with you, Khazaanaa. Deviathan 14:13, 25 މޭ 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, Great idea. --Glacious 05:30, 2 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2008 (UTC)
Hi, i request a bot status for Idioma-bot.
- Botmaster : lt:User:Hugo.arg
- Bot's name : Idioma-bot
- List of botflags on others wikipedias: >70 (en, es, fr, de, ru, ja, zh, ay, ar, lt...)
- Purpose: Interwiki (pywikipedia) daily updated form SVN
Thank you! lt:User:Hugo.arg 15:43, 1 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2008 (UTC)
- Request being processed at Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval
--Glacious 17:17, 18 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2008 (UTC)
Bot command translations[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Hi. Could anybody translate me these interwiki bot commands to Divehi (they will be displayed in all interwiki bot summaries instead English)?
- robot -
- Adding -
- Removing -
- Modifying -
Thank you. lt:User:Hugo.arg 08:33, 16 ފެބްރުއަރީ 2008 (UTC))
މައި ޞަފްޙާގައި އިތުރު ލިންކްތައް ބެހެއްޓުން[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
މައި ޞަފްހާގައި މިހާރު ހުރި ހަވީރު، އާފަތިސް މިއަދު ނޫހުގެ ލިންކް ތަކުގެ އިތުރުން ޖަޒީރާ، ހާމަ، މިނިވަން، ސަންގު އަދި މިނޫނަސް ރާއްޖޭގައި ނެރެވޭ ދުވަހު ނޫސްތަކުގެ ލިންކްތައް ލުމަށް ފެނޭ. ސަބަބަކީ ދިވެހި ވިކިޕީޑިއާ އަކީ ހަމަ ހަމަ އަދި ވީހާވެސް ގިނަ ތަންތަނުން މައުލޫމާތު ހޯދޭނެ މަރުކަޒަކަށް ހެދުން. Khazaanaa 09:25, 18 އެޕްރީލް 2008 (UTC)
- ތިޔައީ ވަރަށް ރަނގަޅު ޚިޔާލެކެވެ.
--Glacious 09:41, 18 އެޕްރީލް 2008 (UTC)
އާ ބަދަލެއް[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
11* އޯގަސްޓް 2008 ވަނަ ދުވަހު ޚަޒާނާގެ ޚިޔާލަށް ޚަބަރުގެ ލިންކުތަކުގެ ބަދަލުގައި ތާރީހުގައި އެމަހެއްގައި ހިނގާފައިވާ ކަންތައް ޝާއިއު ކުރާގޮތައް ހަމަޖެހުން
--Glacious 08:22, 11 އޮގަސްޓު 2008 (UTC)
Sinhala on Main Page[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Please add si:මුල්_පිටුව to main page as Sinhala is Divehi's closest relative. (really suprised it's not there already!)
Done As You have requested. --Glacious 21:00, 26 ސެޕްޓެމްބަރު 2008 (UTC)
Tana Alphabet[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
I have created a Tana search template (Template:Tana alphabet) like the ones on the Hindi Wikipedia and Urdu Wikipedia. Would it be possible to check it for any errors and then put it on the main page?
Thanks.--RaviC 12:15, 27 ސެޕްޓެމްބަރު 2008 (UTC)
Devanagari Alphabet[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Please add Template:Devanagari script also as it is used Frequently for writing Mahal in Minicoy.
މެންބަރުންނަށް ސަލާމް މިހާރު ވިކީގައި ލިޔެވިފައިވާ މަޒުމޫނުތައް ފުޅާކުރުމަށް ވިސްނާލިއިރު ފަހުބަދަލުތަކުން އެގެނީ ގިނަ މެންބަރުންގެ މިސްރާބު ހުރީ އައު މަޒުމޫނު ލިޔުމަށް ކަން. ދެރައީ މިއިން މަޒުމޫނެއްގައި ހުރީ ތައާރަފް އެކަނު. ވީމާ ލިޔާ ކޮންމެ އައު މަޒުޟުނެއް އެއިގަި ފުރިހަމަ މައުލޫމާތު ހިމެނުމަށް އެދެން. އޭރުން މަޒުމޫނުތައް ފުރިމަވެފައި ހަޒާނާއަކަށް ވާނީ. Mujahid Abdulla 14:29, 28 މެއި 2009 (UTC)
Proposal to close Divehi Wiktionary[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Sorry I am not writing in Divehi. The Divehi Wiktionary Has been proposed for closure. For more information please follow the link included in this link. Regards. --188.8.131.52 15:37, 17 ޖުލައި 2009 (UTC)
- In order to make this message better known among the Divehi speaking wikicommunity here perhaps it would be a good idea to leave a notice either in the Main Page or in MediaWiki page for site notices. Regards. --184.108.40.206 18:39, 17 ޖުލައި 2009 (UTC).
- Its okay, ppl here can read and write english. English is their second language. Have a good day!
--220.127.116.11 18:15, 18 ޖުލައި 2009 (UTC)
I didn't mean that. I was referring to leaving a message for the Divehi community in a place where more people could see it so that any person interested would be likely to come across it by chance. Regards.
-- (a.k.a 18.104.22.168 ) 22.214.171.124 13:05, 21 ޖުލައި 2009 (UTC)
- Alright, 126.96.36.199. Thanks for your comment.
I will leave a localized notice here. Thank you.
--Glacious 19:34, 21 ޖުލައި 2009 (UTC)
Small request[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Hello! I am a Polish wikipedian and I would like to ask you for your help - writing a new article about former Polish President who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1983 – Lech Wałęsa. I have looked for his biography in your Wikipedia but without success. Polish Wikipedians will be grateful for your help. Thank you so much in advance! PS you can find the English version of the article here. Best wishes from Poland, Patrol110 22:07, 28 އޮކްޓޫބަރު 2009 (UTC)
Articles that need Dhivehi versions[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
އިމްލާ ކުށެއް[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
މައި ޟަފްޙާ ގެ ސުރުޚީ ފެންނަނީ "މައި ޞަފުހާ" ގެގޮތުގައެވެ. ސާދު ގެ ބަދަލުގައި އޮންނަނީ ލާދެވެ. މިހާރު އާއްމު ކޮށް ލިޔެ އުޅޭ ފޮނެޓިކް ތާނަ ކީބޯޑްގައި "ސާދު" ސީނު ތިރީގައި ތިކި ޖެހި އަކުރު އޮންނަނީ (ޝިފްޓް+ ބީ ގައެވެ.)ލާދު (ސީނު މަތީ ތިކި) މިއަކުރު އޮންނަނީ (ޝިފްޓް+ އެމް ގައެވެ.) ނަމަވެސް މިދެންނެވި ގޮތަށް ލިޔެފައި ޝާއިއުކުރުމުން ދެއަކުރު ފެންނަނީ ބަދަލުވެފައިވާތަނެވެ. މިިބަދަލުގެ ސަބަބުން އިމްލާކުށަކަށް ބަދަލުވެއެވެ.
ފުރަތަމަ މިވާހަކަ ބަޔާންކުރަން ލިޔުނު ޚިޔާލު ލިޔެ ނިންމާފައި ޝާއިއުކުރުމަށް ފަހު ކިޔާލި އިރު އޮތީ މިދެންނެވި ގޮތަށް ބަދަލުވެފައެވެ. ނަމަވެސް ލިޔަމުންދާއިރު މިގޮތަކަށް ދިމައެއް ނުވެއެވެ. "ޟަފްޙާ" އޮންނަ ހުރިހާ ތަނެއް ވަނީ ޞަފްޙާއަށް ބަދަލުވެފައެވެ. ލިޔެފައި އޮތީ ރަގަޅަށް ! އެއީ "މައި ޞަފްޙާ" މިއީ އޮންނަންވާނެ ގޮތް !
Invite to WikiConference India 2011[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Configuration for mobile Wikipedia[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
Someone should do the configurations for the mobile wikipedia. Details are available on how to do it, when you visit the Divehi mobile wiki. Follow those steps to get it up and running--CRC43 (talk) 02:46, 6 ޑިސެމްބަރު 2012 (UTC)
multiscript collaboration[އުނިއިތުރު ގެންނަވާ]
|most-perfect magic square from|
the Parshvanath Jain temple in Khajuraho, Rajasthan
Hi! Some years ago (in 2008) I received a picture about a most-perfect magic square from the Parshvanath Jain temple in Khajuraho; Rajasthan. This Khajuraho square is also named Chautisa Yantra. According to magic square#India Magic Squares and Cubes By William Symes Andrews, 1908, Open court publish company the square is more then housand years old / from the 10th-century.
BTW: Sriramachakra (found today) is another of the 384 mutually indistinguishable most-perfect magic squares.
testwiki:most-perfect magic square provides transliterations for a dozen of ISO 15924 scripts as Arab · Armn · Beng · Cyrl · Cyrs · Deva · Grek · Gujr · Guru · Hans · Hant · Jpan · Hebr · Knda · Kore · Latn including Roman numerals and binary · Lepc · Maya · Mlym · Mymr · Orya · Runr · Sinh · Taml · Telu · Tibt · Xsux and some more might be added see the list at #the top of the page.
The wiki source code included at this page can be used for articles / stubs in languages using these scripts. Fonts are not optimized and all comments are welcome at the test subdomain page .
FYI: #BiDi_issues lists the actual list of WMF subdomains using ISO 15924:Arab. Today it lists:
- Arab: ar:, arz:, azb:, ckb:, dv:, fa:, glk:, ha: BiDi, ks:, ku: BiDi, lrc:, mzn:, pnb:, ps:, sd: BiDi, tk: BiDi ?, ug:, ur:, etc.
I hope you can create local related articles to en:magic square, en:most-perfect magic square etc. Thanks for all your efforts in advance! lɛʁi ʁɑjnhɑʁt (Leri Reinhart)
לערי ריינהארט (talk) 23:24, 18 އޮގަސްޓު 2015 (MVT)
- PAGEID: 3291 ·
- REVISIONID: 119765